Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Childhood Memories

Growing up, I didn't have many toys since we were poor. So I used to cut action figures and other toys out of pieces of paper, for me to play with. In the fall, I had Leafy McGee(which was always a red leaf from the tree beside my house) and Cigs McStix (an empty Marlboro Menthol pack). The three of us would have the best adventures!  




This one time I remember the three of us (I didn’t have very many friends because I didn’t have any cool toys or video games or anything) went to the playground and we were taking turns going down the slide.


 


Well... Leaving the park, I caught the sleeve of my jacket on a tree branch and ripped a hole in my jacket!  I knew my mom would be upset, so I ran home and got all the money I had been saving and went to the store and got scotch tape to try and repair my jacket. Somehow I had made it even worse looking!  




Anyhow, my mom saw my jacket and beat me with a coat hanger.  All I got that year for Chirstmas was a new jacket.  Oh yeah I had to wear the jacket with a hole in it from about the beginning of November to the end of December.



No comments:

Post a Comment